October 14, 2011

Kippah is Home!

Today was the day. The kitten that we fostered and kept as our own for a week and two days, has a new home with my great-Aunt and great-Uncle in Philadelphia. Today, my maternal Grandma, Grandma Rose, and her sister came to our house to pick her up. We talked to my Aunt about what she likes to play with, when she eats, and how she likes to cuddle. Kippah is a big cuddler. We sat around the parlor and watched Kippah play with a red ribbon. It's hours of fun for both the kitten, and us, watching her spaz and jump all over the place.

I was pretty anxious up until about two or three hours ago. We got a call that said that they were home and doing fine. I'll still be pretty nervous. It is going to be weird cleaning out and removing her cage without her in it, meowing for attention. Good news though. We get to cat sit her during Thanksgiving when my Aunt is out of town. I have to say that I feel, for the first time, what it was like to have a cat. I never would have thought that we would be able to domesticate a feral kitten as friendly, loving, and low maintenance as her. If I ever dreamed of having a cat, without the allergies, or the fear that Quincy would eat her, she would be the one. I have never known a cat to look directly into your eyes. She came to our front step for a reason. We have not seen our Aunt for a while, for family reasons I won't get into, and I believe her purpose was to bring us together again. Kippah was our bridge. God work in mysterious ways.

These photos were taken right before my Aunt and Grandma left with Kippah. Bittersweet.


Kisses!!! Going to miss her!! KISS KISS KISS!!!!

My Aunt bonds with her new baby! ♥


This video was taken last night. I love this one! She was so energetic that night. It cracked me up. I have a feeling I will be watching more of my videos of her until I don't miss her so as I do now. This video is a bit lengthy, perhaps to some, but I really love this video and will watch it over and over.

Kippah the Kitten vs My iPhone



She was the lucky one. A very lucky kitten and sweet spirit that found a loving home. I can only hope that we can do the same for all the rest of the cats in our backyard. I worry about their fate. For now, I will thank God for our sweet kitten coming into our lives, and to bless all the other animals whose darling faces I must fast forward on the ASPCA commercials before I cry. Heartbreaking and inspiring. C'est la vie. ...Meow!

No comments:

Post a Comment